Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The release date for Bless Unleashed has finally been unveiled. The free-to-play MMORPG is coming to Xbox One on March 12th.
- The action combat title is set in the world of Lumios. Come together to take on the mighty monsters, or go against other players, as you search for the truth behind the strange daunting visions and hidden secrets.
- The action MMORPG has a range of classes which include Berserkers, Mages, Rangers, Priests and Crusaders.
- While Bless Unleashed is a free-to-play title, fans can back the Founder’s Packs which are available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store.
- Depending on the one you pick you could be playing the title as early as February 26th with 15 days early access. For full pack details you can check it out on Fextralife.com.
For more on this news find it here in Bless Unleashed Launches On March 12th.
- The open-world RPG Outward will be getting a downloadable content pack called “The Soroboreans” this Spring, which was announced by publisher Deep Silver and developer Nine Dots Studio.
- The DLC will up the challenge when it comes survival, meaning you’re going to have to pay extra attention when it comes to “death, dehydration, losing your backpack” and more.
- There will be a new system called Corruption which will affect you in a number of ways. There are also new enchantments for weapons and trinkets. The DLC also comes with new skills and status effects.
- Outward’s DLC The Soroboreans will be releasing this Spring.
For more on this news find it here in Outward DLC The Soroboreans Launches Spring 2020.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- PAX East 2020 is arriving next week, and along with it some news from the studio behind Baldur’s Gate 3, Larian Studios have announced they will be revealing some gameplay.
- According to their latest tweets, they have secured themselves an extra 30 minutes to show off some of the game on Thursday 27th February at 3:00 PM ET.
- If you want to catch the whole thing live, they will be streaming on Youtube during this time. Larian previously teased something big would be happening on February 27th last month and finally share this exciting news.
- Larian has also released a new video announcing the PAX East gameplay reveal, shows some more behind the scenes of the making of Baldur’s Gate 3.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal At PAX East 2020.
Empire of Sin
- The upcoming strategy title developed by Romero Games, Empire of Sin has been delayed to fall 2020.
- The game let’s you take on the role of a Mafia boss during the Prohibition era in Chicago, using turn-based strategy to run your empire.
- Empire of Sin has an interesting setting of the 1920s. Quite different from your usual strategy turn-based RPGs, instead of playing a detective like in Disco Elysium or a mutant being like in Mutant Year Zero.
- Players will be able to influence the city of Chicago by bribery, trading on the black market, gaining the upper hand with your crime family and building your notoriety.
- Empire of Sin will launch on Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One in Fall 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Empire Of Sin Delayed To Fall 2020.
- Earlier this week the Embracer Group, the parent company of publisher THQ Nordic released their Q3 interim report.
- One of the highlighted statements was about Biomutant, which was shared by THQ, about when they will be announcing the release of the game. With 20 people currently working on it has taken some time to be finalised.
- This was followed by a message from the developer, Experiment 101 on Twitter, assuring fans that Biomutant is very much still in development. While their message doesn’t share an exact release date, they did express that they will let fans know once they feel “confident about hitting that date…”
- Last time we spoke to the developers was at Gamescom 2019 last year, where they showed some gameplay, character customisation as well as more of the fun and furry world. You can check out that video on our Youtube channel if you want to know more.
For more on this news find it here in Biomutant Confirmed To Be Still In Development.
Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
- The sequel to the acclaimed Mount & Blade: Warband will be releasing on Early Access on March 31st 2020. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord will be available to buy on Steam, Epic Games Store and TaleWorlds official website for $49.99.
- The developer has decided that it’s the right time to have players join in on the completion of game, by playing through Early Access. This isn’t the first time TaleWorlds has worked alongside Early Access, as the first title Mount & Blade also went through the same process.
- The medieval simulator combines action, RPG and strategy into a world where players can weave their own adventure in the fantasy continent of Calradia.
For more on this news find it here in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Launches On Early Access In March.
- THQ Nordic released a playable teaser demo for a potential remake of the original Gothic a few months back. With feedback from fans, THQ have decided to move forward with the project.
- The teaser game was well received, with over 180,000 people taking part, and with almost 95% wanting to see more of the Gothic Remake. THQ also released the results of the survey, sharing some interesting feedback, including 85% of those players being “diehard Gothic fans”.
- Overall participants gave the playable teaser high scores, meaning a pretty good response and a clear go ahead signal for THQ.
- Gothic 1 is a classic open-world action-RPG that was released back in 2001 about an orcish invasion into human lands in the kingdom of Myrtana. We’ll have to wait and see what THQ Nordic plans for the finished remake.
For more on this news find it here in THQ Nordic Are Developing The Gothic Remake.
Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast
- We are a couple months away from the release of the nightmarish sci-fi action-RPG Hellpoint, but the developers have further surprises in store for fans. They have now released a chapter from the sequel, Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast for free, now available on Steam.
- Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast is described as a dark, challenging and from the looks of it just as hellish as the upcoming game. Set as a sequel of the story of Hellpoint.
- In their press release the Creative Director at Cradle Games Matt Boudreau explains that this chapter stems from the very first demo that was released four years ago. While this chapter is inspired by that demo, Thespian Feast features new enemies and a fearsome new boss. There is also split-screen co-op if you rather take on these creatures with a friend.
- If you’re up for the challenge, Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast standalone chapter is now available for free to play on Steam. Upcoming title Hellpoint will be releasing on April 13th on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast Free Playable Sequel Chapter Is Now On Steam.
- Pearl Abyss the developer behind the action MMORPG Black Desert has announced that console versions of will getting cross-play support starting March 4th. This means you can now join up with your buddies and adventure together whether they’re on Playstation 4 or Xbox One.
- The fantasy MMORPG comes with highly detailed character customisation tools, high action combat with monsters to slay, a huge open-world to explore and Life Skills such as crafting, hunting fishing and more.
- Black Desert is now available to play on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.
For more on this news find it here in Black Desert Is Getting Cross-Play Support For Consoles.
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: