- President is at his golf club in Virginia
- Trump urges governors to open places of worship
- Summer is here – but are we inviting a disastrous second wave?
- Hydroxychloroquine: Trump ‘cure’ increases deaths, global study finds
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Here’s a look at today’s main stories:
After Donald Trump said on Friday that he believes places of worship should be deemed as essential services, Minnesota’s Democratic governor, Tim Walz, issued an executive order addressing the issue. Places of worship in the state will now be able to open at 25% of capacity. Individuals or households in the buildings must maintain six feet distance.
Walz said he still encouraged citizens to worship remotely. “I am under no illusion whatsoever: Every move we make that loosens up increases the risk,” Walz said.